Simon Black Director
Simon Black is a Partner and Director of SP&AJ Building and Development with responsibility managing the employment of all staff, overseeing the business and all its projects. Since forming SP&AJ 25 years ago with co-founder, Anthony Black; Simon has implemented procedures to ensure the company complies with all regulatory legislation, and further developed a business plan that has seen turnover rise to a projected £10M in 2016/17.
Anthony Black Director
Anthony Black is a Partner and Director of SP&AJ Building and Development with responsibility over the employment of all staff on-site and in the office, as well as the Health and Safety, and Quality Control of projects. Anthony’s extensive experience as a joiner has meant that – since forming SP&AJ 25 years ago with co-founder, Simon Black – he has combined his practical approach and keen eye for detail to ensure projects are delivered to the on time, within budget, and to the highest standard.
Edward Bakewell Director
Joining SP&AJ as an experienced project negotiator and quantity surveyor, Edward has a track record of delivering successful schemes from first client contact through to completion as well as a proven ability to manage projects’ financial structures to maximise recovery and minimise expenditure. His commercial acumen and experience negotiating projects and maximising the efficiency of largescale, high-value developments has led to his unparalleled ability to manage subcontractors and co-ordinate financial projections and cash flow from procurement to agreement of Final Account.
Read more [+]
Some examples of the projects, Edward has worked on prior to joining SP&AJ include:
- A commercial office park in Banbury worth £12M on behalf of Balfour Beatty Limited.
- New build, high-specification offices for Rare Software Ltd valued at £15M
- A school extension in Milton Keynes worth £5M for Hall & Tawse Ltd
- 176 new build social housing units in Rugby for William Davis Ltd
- 112 Code4 social housing units in Nottingham for William Davis Ltd
Nigel Kilby In-house Architectural Technician
As an Architectural Technician and Project Manager with over thirty years’ experience within the construction industry, Nigel’s exception knowledge of the technical aspects of construction, planning and building legislation mean that he is an expert in turning concept designs into functional achievable buildings for the residential and leisure sectors as well as the renovation of historic buildings and churches.
Read more [+]
Some of the projects in which Nigel has worked include:
- Buxton Pool, for High Peak District Council
- New leisure facilities in Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy worth £32M for Fife Council
- Design and build of a £10M project including two new pool and leisure facilities for Sunderland City Council
- Two-storey extension to the historic St Nicholas Church in Market Harborough